Please keep in mind this is only a very general and tentative schedule, and the full schedule for each day will be presented when you arrive for the training. All sessions required!
[table width=”500″ colwidth=”150|350″ colalign=”right|left” style=”margin-top:20px;”]
6am,Wake Up! (Meditate~journal~prepare)
7am,Morning Yoga Session
9:30,Continue with Yoga theory and practice
10:45-12:15pm,Hatha Yoga session
1:30-3:30pm,“Satsang” ~ Learning & Discussion
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yoga History
- Yoga Ethics & Lifestyle (“Way of Life”)
- Teaching Methodology
- Anatomy & Physiology for Yoga
- The Business of Yoga
- Pay balance of fees prior to coming.
- Attend all days and classes of program, exceptions made only for emergencies and must be made up.
- Do all reading assignments and exercises (and innercises) in the Great Yoga Quest manual.
- Complete daily OMwork sessions which should take no more than 1 hour of your time. Be prepared to show your work.
- Be conscious of your personal space & do seva (selfless service) on behalf of the group, yourself, and the beautiful space we are sharing together. In other words, cleanliness is next to godliness!
- Keep a daily journal for notes, musings/reflections on your journey.
- Design a 1 hour yoga session that is specific to the demographic/niche/population that you want to serve. Part of your class will be videotaped and the entire group will offer constructive feedback.
- Gift one free offering to the greater community to share the yoga love, and provide evidence (video/evaluations/testimonials).
- Complete and pass “The Final Quest”—our final exam, which will be taken on or just before the day of graduation.
- Please be kind to yourself and others, and mostly yourself! : )
- Above all, smile!
Please read as much as you can before you come.
- Hatha Yoga Illustrated by Martin Kirk
- Yoga Beyond Belief by Ganga White
- MetaAnatomy by Krsitin Leal
- The Yoga Teacher Toolbox by Joseph & Lillian Le Page
- The Great Yoga Quest Teacher Training Manual by Yoga University (will be emailed to you)
To Be Read & Discussed Together
- The Great Yoga Quest Teacher Training Manual by Yoga University
- The Bhagavad Gita by Eknath Easwaran
- The Upanishads by by Eknath Easwaran
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Swami Satchidananda
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahamsa Yogananda
- The Disappearance of the Universe (Helpful for ACIM beginners)
- A Course in Miracles (ACIM)
- The Language of Yoga, by Nicolai Bachman
- Life of A Yogi Teacher Training Manual, by Sri Dharma Mittra
- Who Am I? Yoga, Psychedelics & the Quest for Enlightenment by Allowah Lani
- Enlighten Up!
- Yoga Is
- Yoga Unveiled
- Fierce Grace